Process Optimization Industry 4.0 is a cooperation project developed and implemented by Faculty of Business from Babes-Bolyai University in partnership with School of Business from University of South-Eastern Norway and Fagskolen i Viken (Tinius Olsen) Norway, financed by SEE Grants under the contract 21-COP-0044.
Why is the project needed and which situation is addressed?
Well educated students, able to use specific business concepts, to understand business models and processes is one of the goals of our HEIs. However, for a successful business carrier, all these must be combined with capacity of making decisions and assuming them, with involvement, responsibility, and commitment. On top of these, ability to act in an international environment is required.
How will the project address these challenges?
- POI 4.0 brings together students, professors & support entities (companies, NGOs, authorities).
- Professors provide lectures and propose specific assignments to students.
- Students work in mixed groups. They interview experts from support entities and combine theoretical knowledge with practical experience when analysing the assignment.
- Under professors’ supervision, each group of students is preparing a Report on the assignment, presented in front of professors and fellow students.
What does the project plan to achieve?
- Increase understanding and skills related to Industry 4.0 implementation.
- Provide on site activities in the Industry 4.0 Laboratory of Tinius Olsen Fagskolen i Viken and company visits with focus on processes.
- Improve academic staff through cooperation and elaboration of shared educational material and teaching methods.
Who is expected to benefit from this project and how will they benefit?
- Directly involved students work in an international environment, improving their intercultural and communication skills. They receive trainings from international professors, interact with experts and compare theoretical knowledge against practice. They synthesize information and elaborate comprehensive and efficient reports & presentations.
- Non-involved students benefit from open access educational materials and case studies.
- Professors improve their educational materials, intercultural & pedagogical skills.
- Support entities have access to young educated and talented candidates and create the image of an active entity, involved in education process.
What added value is the partnership expected to bring to the project?
Students, coming from different cultures, work under supervision of professors & experts, interact in an international environment, and apply theoretical concepts in a real environment offered by support entities. For additional information please visit the webpage of the program.
Please contact the Project Coordinator dr. George Silviu Cordos at the following e-mail address: email@example.com